Find out if your family qualifies to purchase an affordable home in the LC Valley.
Minimum Requirements to Purchase a Home
- Legal residency in Nez Perce County or Asotin County
- Have a good credit report
- Need for decent, affordable housing
- Ability to pay a long-term mortgage
- Ability to make a 1% down payment
- Willingness to partner with Lewiston - Clarkston Partners Habitat For Humanity
Family Selection Criteria
The Family Selection Committee reviews applications and follows a step-by step Family Selection Process. Three basic criteria are considered by the Family Selection Committee, and they are: Need, Ability to Pay, and Willingness to Partner.
Families should have a significant need for improved housing, such as:
- Living conditions are overcrowded or substandard
- Housing costs are more than 30% of monthly income
Ability To Pay
Purchasing a Habitat home is a big investment. A family’s income must be steady and verifiable. No more than 30% of your monthly income will go towards the mortgage payment.
To be eligible, your family’s income should be less than 60% of the median income for our area (which is $49,400 for a family of four). Income from all family members who will reside in the home is included.
|Gross income is reviewed from sources such as:|
- Wages and salaries
- Child Support
- Public Assistance
To qualify, a family’s credit report must show that the family:
- Is without too much debt
- Consistent payment history
- Has no tax liens or judgments
Willingness To Partner
- Complete a minimum of 500 hours of sweat equity
- Attend homeowner preparation workshops
- Participate in media events and interviews
- Attend Board meetings
- Help with Habitat mailings
- Volunteer at the Store
- …..and other Habitat activities as they come up
We are committed to giving your family a hand up!!!